Early Snow and Shout OUT to Rudy!

Much to my delight, winter came early this year!  Between Frozen Thunder (man made snow loop), two sizeable snowfalls, and cold temperatures allowing the Canmore Nordic Centre to blast the snow guns, we've got some great skiing here!  It's sort of weird to think about it, but I've been skiing for over a month now!  All is going well.

This upcoming weekend my racing season will kick off with some local Alberta Cup races, then I'm off to Silver Star, BC for the NorAm opener.  I'm looking forward to getting the racing season underway!

Big thanks to my equipment sponsors, Fischer and Swix.  I've got my new poles cut to the perfect length, the new boots are in my opinion, the best Fischer has made yet, and my new skis are wax prepped and in the process of being tested.  I'm happy to report they're feeling fast.

Can't complain when you've got weather and snow like this in November
Shout OUT to Rudy Project for the new gear this season as well!  It's always fun sporting new shades when the racing season begins.  I tested out the Air Blast the past two days and find they provide great wind protection and peripheral vision with the large single lens.  They're light, and with flexible arms, they seem to stay on my head a little better than their counterpart, the Hypermask.

Air Blast
Sterling Helmet and Agon Sunglasses
Spinhawk - for when the occasion calls for style over sport
It may not be overly noticeable, but yes, I am taking part in Movember this year.  You can check out my team's Movember page here.  If you want to have a positive impact on Men's Health, please make a donation.

That's it for now!

Comments